I love easy DIY projects that keep the kids occupied while also getting the benefits of essential oils. Having a bunch of these in my back pocket to whip up is crucial, especially in those winter months or rainy days.
Of course you can leave out the essential oils and just have the slime. But I think the essential oils make this activity extra fun for the kids. Just make sure your kids are old enough to know not to eat it, even if it smells amazing. lol
This is a simple DIY with the health benefits of essential oils.
Since cold and flu season is upon us we are using Dottera's OnGuard. The kids love it because it smells like spicy cinnamon. I love it because OnGuard helps support healthy immune functions and contains cleansing properties.
1/2 cup Liquid Glue (one standard bottle)
1 cup Warm Water
1/8 tsp Borax
1. To the first bowl add 1/2 cup of warm water.
2. To the warm water add 1/8 tsp of borax. Mix well until the borax is mostly or completely dissolved.
3. To the second bowl add 1/2 cup of liquid glue (or one standard bottle of glue) and 1/2 cup of water. Stir.
4. Add 2-3 drops of essential oils of your choice to the glue and water mixture.
5. Pour the borax water into the glue mixture. For best results stir as your pour.
You could always add food coloring to make this extra fun. Personally, I don’t think it’s necessary, because this slime is pretty entertaining as it is.
Yes, it will stick all over your hands but it’s a lot of fun. Don’t worry when your kids go to wash their hands it will come right off. It is even safe on your clothes. However, I would be cautious if you are using food coloring.
I hope you enjoyed this simple DIY for kids. Let us know if you give it a try!
Thank-you for taking time out of your day to hang out here.