This coffee creamer was a happy accident. I went to make some butterscotch pudding and realized we didn’t have enough eggs, this was after I had already started melting the butter and brown sugar. The solution to this happy accident was to turn it into this very yummy coffee creamer.
Now this is a bit thicker than your typical coffee creamer. You can omit the heavy whipping cream and make this more of a syrup. You can still use it to flavor your coffee or even serve over ice-cream (I’ve tried it and it’s as delicious as it sounds!)
Homemade Butterscotch Coffee Creamer
- For a sweeter and thicker flavor omit the heavy whipping cream. This will change it to a more syrup-like consistency, but still delicious.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 1/2 heaping cup Succanat (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 14 oz Organic Condensed Milk (regular or coconut)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1. To a small sauce pan over medium-high heat add the succanat and butter. Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
- 2. When the succanat and butter are fully melted add vanilla, salt, condensed milk, and heavy whipping cream. Stir constantly until everything is well incorporated.
- 3. Remove from heat and stir into your favorite blend of coffee.
A little bit of this creamer will give it that nice sweet flavor without any artificial sweetener or flavors. But if you use a generous amount you will defiantly get that rich butterscotch flavor that will taste like dessert!
Comment below to let us know if you give this a try! Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to hang out here!
Leave a Reply