I’ve made this recipe for awhile but for some reason I constantly forget about it. Which is silly because I always have the ingredients on hand to make this and it’s a crowd pleaser.
This won’t taste exactly like the pudding that you buy from the store or in the instant pudding packets. But it does taste amazing and is made with healthy sweeteners, absolutely nothing artificial, and the health benefits of chia seeds!
Chia seeds naturally turn these ordinary ingredients into a pudding consistency. They are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Now, personally I don’t like my pudding super thick. So, this isn’t quite as thick as store bought pudding but you can easily adjust that, along with the sweetness level, by tweaking the chia seeds and maple syrup.
Healthy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
Kid approved chocolate pudding made with chia seeds and healthy sweeteners.
- If you and/or your kiddo's would like this sweeter add additional maple syrup, sugar alternative, or sugar.
- To thicken this pudding add an additional 2-3 tbsp of chia seeds.
- Lasts in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk (or milk alternative)
- 1. To a blender add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt, vanilla extract, chia seeds, and milk.
- 2. Blend on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes, or until the chia seeds are fully blended.
- 3. Place in a mason jar or bowl and cover. Place in the refrigerator for 3-5 hours to let it set up.
- 4.Enjoy on its own or with some fresh fruit!
My favorite part of this delicious snack is the simple clean up. I like to double or triple this recipe since it lasts 4-5 days in the refrigerator. So, we will just have this as a treat for lunch for the next few days.
I hope you give this a try. If you do be sure to tag us on Facebook, Instagram, or comment in the comments below.
Thank-you so much for taking time out of your day to hang out here!
Leave a Reply