I find condiments are one of the easiest places to start cooking from scratch. Homemade mayo is one of those fool proof recipes to get your confidence up. That yes – anyone can do this “from scratch” stuff, no one doing it is particularly special.
The best part is we generally have all of these ingredients on hand at all time. Plus, this actually saves us a little bit of money so – that’s for sure a win.
Also, it’s important to mention – it’s suuuuuuuuper easy.
Homemade Mayo with Avocado Oil
Healthy homemade mayo that the whole family will enjoy!
- Yes, this does call for a raw egg, and you can't omit it or it won't work. However, do you research and use at your own discretion. I recommend using a farm fresh egg from a trusted source. Please do not use store bought eggs raw....
- You can use a regular blender but you may need to scrape down the sides. Also, keep a close eye on the consistency and be careful not to over blend it.
- You can use any healthy neutral oil to make this, however I've only used avocado oil.
- Stores in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you want the mayo a little less tangy you can omit the apple cider vinegar.
- 1 Farm Fresh Egg
- 1 cup Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Optional)
- 1. Add all ingredients to a glass jar.
- 2. Blend with an immersion blender.
- 3. Enjoy!
Isn’t it crazy how easy it is to make?? It’s great way to make your own healthy, natural, and preservative free mayo!
You could always get inventive with this basic recipe and add things like garlic or some hot peppers. But my kids love this stuff on sandwiches so I don’t really play around with it much. But be sure to let me know if you do!
Thanks for taking time out of your day to hang out here!
Leave a Reply